Monday 17 October 2011

and so it begins...

Today I begin the exciting and adventurous marathon of creating a dance film/video compiling 100,000 frames.

How will I do this?
I will select a site/venue/space each day for the next 365 days, where I will perform a 10 minute site specific dance performance (improvised). I will film (in HD using a tripod) the 10 minute performance and select 10 seconds of video per day/performance to compile into a larger video work entitled '100,000 frames'. I will edit the excerpts of the weeks performances into a film and post to this blog every week. The film will begin to grow week by week.
Each day I will document the following: Date, Time, Weather conditions, Site, Costume/clothing, Thoughts/feeling before performance and Thoughts feelings after performance.

Why will I do this?
- To reconnect with my interest in site specific dance and dance on film.
- Challenge myself to do something hard within a field that I love.
- Discover new techniques, performative and editing/film production.
- Test my endurance and interest.
- Discover something/many things about myself as a performer and artist.

I am feeling a sense of nervous anticpation, a little scared and I feel the weight of the challenge about to set in. But really life's too short not to do something seriously creative and crazy., and why the hell not???

So here I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment